Thursday, July 1, 2010

Poetry Friday


I think that Poetry Friday was a very good idea. I liked that the poems that we read aloud helped me to better understand the plot of the books we read. For example, we read a book called A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah. For a Poetry Friday lesson, we listened to a Bob Marley song and studied the lyrics. This helped me understand how the book related music and it helped me to understand the book better.

This helped us learn more about how poems are organized into stanzas and lines. We read poems aloud and then recreated our own personal poems. I like how this helps us to have ideas and a format for our own poems.

I really enjoyed writing as a class and reading other students' poems. I think that we should continue Poetry Friday next year because it helps students with their understanding and ability to read and write poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment